Author Topic: female entity  (Read 3737 times)

Offline terragnosis

• Terragnosis
female entity
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:19:19 AM BST GMT »
here my latest effort.  its a digital sculpt that took about 4 days or 35 hours.  its been printed at 54mm for the terragnosis range and Ill have pics of the metal version sometime next week, but for now heres the woman in question.  I say woman, I use the term in its loosest sense! being a demon n all.

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
Re: female entity
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:26:32 PM BST GMT »
Shifted the topic for you, re: printed digisculpts. ;)

I say woman, I use the term in its loosest sense!
Er, yeah!

Good lines, though I'm a bit concerned that the left brachioradialis seems to butt into and stop at the bicep.

Offline Justin

• Jeebus!
    • Minijustice Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 04:37:11 PM BST GMT »
missed this one.

Zbrush?

I've had a play with 3D modelling software myself, but I tend to keep it for doing 3D sketches to assist my physical sculpting so Kudos for taking it to the next level.

A few things on the piece bug me, the anatomy seems off in places like Vermis already pointed out on the forearm, I'm guessing you sculpt the anatomy prior to posing?. Also some of the detailing seems a bit 'painted on' like you've take a 3d dolly and skinned it up, which works fine as an on-screen piece but I think it might get a bit lost in the transition the real world. The other thing is the drapery looks weird, it's confusing the movement of the sculpt and just look wrong in places. I've seen this happen often in digital sculpts and I'm not sure if it's a result of not enough reference or if it's a quirk of the medium.

Just.

Offline terragnosis

• Terragnosis
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:15:35 PM BST GMT »
thanks guys.

I think part of the problem in the anatomy is the reposing, I usually build the model pose, but I do move them about a bit sometimes afterwards.  it might be the render angle too, have to say it looks fine on the model, to me at least :D  but then the actual model is only 65mm tall

the cloth was a bug bear, I was trying to get a dynamic flow to represent movement as well as getting the cloth to act as a gate for metal while in the mold.  your right though it looks a little odd in places, I dont like the way parts of it have deformed, so Im going to bear that in mind for the next one.

Steve

Offline tabasco2152

• Company D Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 02:08:25 PM BST GMT »
How does it get from being a 'Digi Sculpt' ,or I assume essentially a picture, in to metal- I know very little about this sort of thing.

Offline hivetrygon

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 08:56:23 PM BST GMT »
How does it get from being a 'Digi Sculpt' ,or I assume essentially a picture, in to metal- I know very little about this sort of thing.
Probably 3d print.

My god she is beefy! I like her though.

Offline terragnosis

• Terragnosis
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 10:21:19 PM BST GMT »
yep, its printed. heres a gallery with some images of the actual print http://www.terragnosis.co.uk/workbench_april_2010.html
think of it like a ink jet, except it prints resin not ink and the resin is cured then another layer placed ontop.

its a long process, but the final results look exactly like the image created in zbrush (the software I use)

Steve

Offline tabasco2152

• Company D Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 01:54:36 PM BST GMT »
Thanks for that - its facinating- good luck with your venture.

Offline TkGhoul

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 07:42:53 AM BST GMT »
It is very much a thread.