Author Topic: Some of my stuff  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Orki

Some of my stuff
« on: January 30, 2012, 02:30:29 PM GMT GMT »
Hi guys, I thiiiink this is the right place to post some of my painty stuff? If i've got it wrong please do move it somewhere more suitable, thanks. :)

There'll be some more sculpty stuff on the way too, and once I've sorted my pics out i'll post them up in the other section.

For those that don't already know me (which is most of you I guess :P), I've been painting like a man possessed since I got back into the hobby just over a couple of years ago. I used to game and paint as a kid, but the inevitable lure of sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll in my teens kinda dragged me away form the hobby.
15 or so years later as a responsible *ahem* and partially disabled adult, I found myself back into this more relaxed hobby to help give me something to do with my hands after giving up smoking. A couple of relapses later and here I am, currently smoke-free still, though now with a major addiction to painting and sculpting!

Anyway, here's a few of my favourites for you to have a gander at. Thanks for looking, and I hope you  like! :)

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
Re: Some of my stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 12:34:41 AM GMT GMT »
Hi guys, I thiiiink this is the right place to post some of my painty stuff? If i've got it wrong please do move it somewhere more suitable, thanks. :)

Don't worry, it's the right place.  It's just even less active than the rest of the forum. ;)

Excellent work, especially for a couple of years in the hobby. :)  I'm disgusted by people who can paint brilliant OSL... but what's that?  Two different light sources...?

Offline Orki

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 03:13:56 AM GMT GMT »
Thanks Vermis! :)

Two different light soucres you say? XD Yeah, the first osl peice I tried had just one, the second had two ("Done and Dusted", the Cat van helsing dio), and the third had... yup you guessed it, three ("End of Days", the Kingdom Death one. Lava and moonlight ambient osl, and of course the glowing stone).
At that point I had realised that paint is just paint, and whatever you want it to look like is achievable regardless of perceived difficulty, if you have a good vision and plenty of patience. :D

I guess that may sound a little blase, but I come from a strong 2d art background, so mini painting is a bit like paint-by-numbers really to me.  All the edges and contours guide you and help keep the bristles 'between the lines' as such. Really, I think that after someone has learnt good brush control, the difference between an ok painter and the worlds best is simply the 'art' they express through their pieces.

Well, I do try anyway! :D

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:51:18 AM GMT GMT »
Very nice work there. :-D

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 09:17:39 PM GMT GMT »
Shoot, didn't even notice the third light source there.  It's too well blended in...!

At that point I had realised that paint is just paint, and whatever you want it to look like is achievable regardless of perceived difficulty, if you have a good vision and plenty of patience. :D

I feel the same way about putty. :)
Mind you, sometimes other people have to have plenty of patience too, if they're waiting on me.

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 08:56:02 PM GMT GMT »
Wow. Just, wow.

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:18 PM GMT GMT »
Saw your Maelstrom demon on Cmon yesterday! :froth: