Author Topic: Anatomy in motion  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Justin

• Jeebus!
    • Minijustice Blog
Anatomy in motion
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:21:52 PM GMT GMT »
Afternoon MS'ers!
Not been around for a while, had to put sculpting on the back burner for a while to sort out some little life issues, but I'm back in the saddle!

I'm working on a couple of sculpts that require bare torsos, and thought I'd share a little reference that I found.

Most anatomy reference is static, and even the stuff that is supposed to be in motion isn't, it's posed like it's in motion but there are no external forces effecting the muscle masses.

The other day whilst watching some MMA I had a light bulb moment, the range of motion in an MMA bout provides a great deal of real action poses that aren't staged.
So after all that waffling the point of my post is....

Check out this link it has some great in motion pictures that I'm finding are great for getting the right look to musculature in motion!

Ta
Just.

Offline Burano

Re: Anatomy in motion
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:08:23 PM GMT GMT »
Nice link! This will be useful.

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:22:59 PM GMT GMT »
Afternoon MS'ers!
Not been around for a while, had to put sculpting on the back burner for a while to sort out some little life issues, but I'm back in the saddle!

Welcome back, Just!  I was worried that you got bored.  It seems to happen to people.  Good to hear things are back on track.

The other day whilst watching some MMA I had a light bulb moment, the range of motion in an MMA bout...

Yer wot?

Check out this link

Aah.  Yep, that looks good. :)

Offline Dustbuster7000

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 01:17:46 AM GMT GMT »
Justin,

Great idea! I'm going to need to look for other sports references for this kind of thing, I need all the anatomy help I can get.