Author Topic: Whatever happened to Rakham?  (Read 2310 times)

Offline NightwindKing

Whatever happened to Rakham?
« on: October 11, 2011, 07:28:31 PM BST GMT »
I mean, their lines? Specifically AT-43 and C...whatever.

I mean, I know the lines are out-of-print...I think the company...sold-out? Closed?

But what's the story behind that? I haven't found much besides conjecture...what happened there? Why did they close? Why did the lines go out of print? They were great miniatures, and great quality! I saw them and was like "finally, a counter to the GW empire!"

Nope. SQUASH. They're gone.

Offline Webby

Re: Whatever happened to Rakham?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 08:36:09 PM BST GMT »
The other line they had was Confrontation.

The rights to it were bought by somebody and it is now licensed to Legacy Miniatures who sell exclusively through Coolminiornot they are releasing the entire range slowly over time but I think they are doing them as limited release to begin with (So only a limited number of each release but I get the impression they will be restocked eventually rather than being truly limited) you can see what has been released so far in the CMoN shop.

Offline NightwindKing

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:57:38 PM BST GMT »
Ah right, that was the other one.

It was one of those things where, again, I didn't discover the lines until AFTER they'd closed.

Offline Ninja_Butler

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:43:44 PM BST GMT »
October 12 2012.. The first year anniversary of no replies!

It's a shame AT-43 never did better, the models were cool and at the time I think the range was in general more interesting than Warhammer 40K. I guess having a more interesting name might have helped.