Author Topic: Salute '10  (Read 4093 times)

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
Salute '10
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:49:18 PM BST GMT »
http://www.salute.co.uk/

So who's going, and what's your planned haul?

I've been the last couple of years but I haven't made any plans this time.  Not much I'm desperate to see or buy in person. (unless someone at the bring and buy is selling old grenadier dragons for pennies...) And if I pull my finger out at this point and book stuff, it'll have be the same old 'fly over in the morning, rush around and clockwatch, and rush out early to get the plane home'.  All the travelodges'll be full of marathon spectators.
And that's assuming flights are back on, next weekend.

Maybe next year.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:48:48 AM BST GMT by Vermis »

Offline Silent_Spectre

• My website
Re: Salute '10
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:26:18 AM BST GMT »
I'm going - had my tickets booked up for about 5 weeks now!

This year I actually have some money to spend (without feeling guilty about it - thinking about all the bills we had last year...), but no real wishlist of exact models I want. I know I want some decent 10mm fantasy minis, scifi and fantasy 54mms and anything eclectic so if anyone can suggest some of these I'd be grateful :). My dad is also on the lookout for Dr Who minis in 25-28mm.

I guess I'm in a better position than you, Vermis, as I'm in Stevenage, Herts, so I have but a short train journey or car ride to get there. And this is one of the only events that my dad and I go to together so I don't want to miss it!

Stuart

ironmammoth

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:57:51 PM BST GMT »
Unfortunately, living at the other end of our fair island, I have never managed to get to Salute. It doesn't help that most years it seems to fall on my wedding anniversary, and the wife is not keen on spending the day looking at "toy soldiers"!

Offline Silent_Spectre

• My website
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 04:57:55 PM BST GMT »
That's a shame IM. My wife (then gf) went once with me and seemed to enjoy it, but that might have been more down to the fact she was one of the only women there!

Offline Grekwood

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 04:24:09 PM BST GMT »
nope, it's a 4-5hr trip there and back for me..... so it would mean having to stay over night which i just can't afford right now  :-\

Offline soates120660

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 10:44:04 AM BST GMT »
Those of you who did go to Salute this year, please give your thoughts

I attend every year and have done for the last 22 years and as a trader for the last 17 years. to which I rarely get to walk around at the show anymore, so cannot get to see what is new out there.

So for those of you who did get to walk around it would be nice to have your thoughts on this show. Not just Salute any show that any of you have attended so far this year.

Kind regards

Stephen
The Baggagetrain

Offline Keeper

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 03:49:36 PM BST GMT »
Hey Stephen, welcome to the forum :)

I helped out at Triples this year, and I think you guys were there right?  I really enjoyed the show this year in its new location.  There are a few things that need to be ironed out - I don't think the venue really understood the nature of the event - but from our perspective everything went a lot smoother and I believe the attendances were up a little, too. Demo games were great as usual, re-enactors were very good and almost everyone I talked to seemed to think it was an improvement.

I even managed to pick up some Brown Stuff for sculpting from one of the traders, but I can't, for the life of me remember who it was! :)

I'd be interested in hearing your views as a trader of the different shows, Stephen :)