Author Topic: The Results  (Read 5010 times)

Offline ImpactMiniatures

Re: The Results
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 01:49:31 PM BST GMT »
He'll have hair but the helmet was to be more of a tin pot than a 'proper' helmet and i'm not sure a halfling needs sculpted hairy feet, it's something the painter can choose for themselves.
I like the tin pot.  And I get you on the feet.  Our experience is that most of the folks that buy our product do not have the ability to actually paint hair on the top of a foot.  Dry brushing sculpted details to bring it out ... yes ... paint it well enough on bare metal ... no.

I'll do it if it's a deal breaker though.
I would not say it is a deal breaker.  But I will say that you are vastly overestimating the painting ability of the average person that pays to buys a pewter figurine.  Something to keep in mind if you are sculpting for retail rather than for personal use.

Offline Palocles

Re: The Results
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 04:02:00 AM BST GMT »
I guess 'average' painters would just have hairless feeted halflings if the sculpt didn't have any hair?  I might just see how it looks when i finish him off.

I can't really sculpt to a standard high enough to exclude painters of less than expert skill, though i wish i could.