Author Topic: any idea how to make vacum pot ?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Revliss

any idea how to make vacum pot ?
« on: May 31, 2011, 03:37:53 AM BST GMT »
 so any one have any idea how  to make  vacum pot ? for  no i have try this a cookie  tin a plastic bag  and a vacum cleaner , i put the  tin in the bag  then try to vacum it, it seem to work a bit but i end up spilling a lot of resin in the tin ..

Offline Caerban

• My Den of Silliness
Re: any idea how to make vacum pot ?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:06:36 AM BST GMT »
The book Pop Sculpture (this is the authors' blog) has a section on making one I think. Although if I recall it's more a variable pressure container than an actual vacuum pot.

Offline Webby

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:37:30 PM BST GMT »

Offline artofresin

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:50:05 PM GMT GMT »
Take and MDF wooden board, and attach this on your desk. Cover that board, with a hard plastic sheet )3-4mm are pretty enough. If the plastic is a bit "elastic" it will be better. Find a high density glass pot (like a cooking pot but made of glass), that is round shaped, as corner will just break while you vacuum. Drill a hole that goes through your board and plastic as well. Stick a T-shape pipe, and 2 airvalves on 2 of its edges. You only leave the edge of the pipe, that goes over your board and plastic, without a valve. This way, one airvalve is use to stop-control the vacuum from your pump, and the other to let air go inside your pot, when your job is done, so that it gets pressure back, and you can remove your glass pot.

I hope my bad english, are enough so you can get what I mean above, or else just ask for more details (and pics if you need).