Author Topic: Aly r's kicker w.i.p  (Read 1755 times)

Offline aly.r

Aly r's kicker w.i.p
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:49:55 PM BST GMT »
So only recently started sculpting and if i'm honest i've never finished a sculpt before spitting the dummy and putting it at the back of the cupboard or in the bin. But bought some super sculpey firm and as a result i've got about 5 w.i.p's going on at the moment and have ordered some cernit. Anyway here's my w.i.p shots for my entry to the comp.

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
Re: Aly r's kicker w.i.p
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:54:07 PM BST GMT »
Sorry for the late reply, Aly.  Nice start, though in my eyes the right thigh is maybe drawn back a bit far...

Offline Palocles

Re: Aly r's kicker w.i.p
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:52:40 AM BST GMT »
Can't see your pics either.  Is it Photobucket?  It's loading slowly but still loading...

edit:  nevermind, it was my cache full...

Well, it's certainly dynamic!  I think Oddity is doing a kicker too and i think yours has the same issue.  The center of balance is behind the supporting foot so it makes the model look unbalanced.  I'd suggest leaning the model forward so the weight is more above the foot.

The swing of the kicking leg (how far it has swung back) does look a bit extreme but i think it can work.  You can call it exagerated.  But it does have a hint of cartoon ballerina about it...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:21:32 AM BST GMT by Palocles »