Author Topic: Beefcakes Halfling  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Beefcake

Beefcakes Halfling
« on: April 21, 2011, 04:44:21 AM BST GMT »
This is going to be a bit of an odd sculpt. I'll try to keep it simple otherwise I'll completely wreck my go at it.
Here's the start of it. When it's all done I'll post up the final entry.

Not much to look at at the moment and has some lovely fingerprint detailing too. Hopefully things will change. Just need to make sure I take my time.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:23:08 AM BST GMT by Beefcake »

Offline Palocles

Re: Beefcakes Halfling
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:55:11 PM BST GMT »
Is he going to be kicking?  Cause i'd suggest you push his body forwards a bit so it's above the toe of the supporting foot.*  That will make him appear more balanced as at the moment he looks like he's doing a Charlie Brown kick and going to end up on his back.

What have you done the spine of the armiture with?  You'll probably find it easier to attack his head later if the wire is long enough to got into his head.  Without it you'll find the head floping around or have to drill a hole and out in another bit of wire anyway.

A thinner first layer of GS is good too.  It wont hide the armiture for later work, so you can make sure the pose is correct and it wont be too thick anywhere, forceing you to trim it back with a knife.  It's also advisable to make sure each section of GS is smoothly blended into each other bit.  This will make the bond between them stronger.  Those hips joints could break on you.

*Googling images of rugby or american handegg kickoffs should help.  Otherwise Google Charlie Brown and Lucy.

Offline Andrew May

Re: Beefcakes Halfling
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:27:52 PM BST GMT »
Looks like you have way too much putty on the wire for the begining, I might be wrong but it would probably be a good idea to shave it back with a scalpel. I look forward to seeing it progress though.  :)