Author Topic: Malkin surpasses 100-point mark in Pens  (Read 58 times)

Offline sherry2018love

Malkin surpasses 100-point mark in Pens
« on: January 08, 2018, 05:58:13 AM GMT GMT »
PITTSBURGH - Evgeni Malkin was held scorele Kevin Dodd Jersey  s in three of his previous five games, and he mi sed practice Monday because he was ill.It seemed the Penguins' star was losing his grip on the NHL scoring title. One stellar performance was all Malkin needed to regain control.The Ru sian all-star tied a career-high with five points to surpa s 100 for the second consecutive season and the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Atlanta Thrashers 6-2 Tuesday night."He played great tonight, and it's fun to see that," captain Sidney Crosby said. "When he's playing well, everything he touches, he makes something happen. That's a good feeling, and that's a good sign for us when he's Jonnu Smith Jersey  going like that."Malkin had two goals and three a sists to give him 102 points this season. He extended his lead in the scoring race over Crosby to 10 points."I'm happy because we won," Malkin said.  Brian Orakpo Jersey "We played great, the team played great. I did not feel great on the day off, but I was better today."Sergei Gonchar had a goal and three a sists and Kris Letang and Crosby had two a sists each for Pittsburgh in a game matching the two hottest teams in the Eastern Conference.Atlanta entered with a franchise-record six-game winning streak, and the Penguins improved  Taylor Lewan Jersey to 11-1-3 under interim coach Dan Bylsma.Bryan Little and Eric Boulton scored for Atlanta, which was playing without star wing Ilya Kovalchuk for the third straight game due to an unspecified upper body injury.The Thrashers were miffed that rookie Zach Bogosian was knocked out of the game on a hit by Matt Cooke. Cooke was given a two-minute penalty for tripping on the play, but Atlanta wanted at least a major for kneeing.