Author Topic: Ruination is upon you!  (Read 1956 times)

Offline terragnosis

• Terragnosis
Ruination is upon you!
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:54:40 AM GMT GMT »
Oh No!! Not another Fantasy Skirmish Game??

Yes, Ruination the fantasy game is finally here! Follow the link to the Terragnosis website to download the rules. Whilst you're there, check out our small (but growing) range of fantasy figures, ideal for creating your first Ruination force. Also on the website are details of the first two factions. These powerful groups, often foes, sometimes allies, bring very powerful but very different weaponry to the battlefield. You can download these first two faction supplements from the Terragnosis website - absolutely free!

If you like a bleak and brooding setting for your fantasy games, with punishing and brutal game-play, Ruination could be the game for you. And remember - keep checking the Terragnosis website for new scenarios, new factions, new creatures and new characters.

http://www.terragnosis.co.uk

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
Re: Ruination is upon you!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 12:16:02 AM GMT GMT »
Congrats on the new arrival. ;)

The dice system looks very interesting.  At first glance it looks like the factor 5 bowman shoots well for less damage, and badly for more damage.  I'm still scratching my head over it, but the rest of the explanation helps. (And game rules are like greek to me, most of the time)  But like I say, looks interesting.  I wouldn't mind trying it out sometime.

Dungeon crawls too.  Neat.

Offline terragnosis

• Terragnosis
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 04:33:42 PM GMT GMT »
it does take a little getting used to, the average bowman is factor 7 and uses a D10 or 12 so on a straight roll he hits about 60 - 65% of the time. but he can use 2 dice and add them, his chance to his is halved, but the joy of possibly doing all that extra damage makes it worth the effort, esp as he will more than likely have 2 or 3 attempts in a phase.  Targets are important to, plebs tend to be squishy and have one wound, heros will often be tougher and will always have multiple wounds so more damage is needed against them. 

when things get desperate you can pull off some amazing stuff by just pushing the stats to the limit, if you have all but lost anyway its worth it just for a bit of pay back.  I had a magic user use a D100 to cast a spell, his casting level was 9 and he managed a 8 on the D100, then delt 43 damage :D  means nothing to you guys, but thats pretty messy and made alot of his plebs run at the sight of the resulting mess. had my magic user rolled 43 to cast, his own head would have popped... but it was the last roll of the game, I had already lost, so why not ;)

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:26:35 PM GMT GMT »
 ;D

I think I'm getting it now... the higher the factor, the higher the chance of hitting and wounding successfully? (by being able to pile on the dice without having to roll tiny numbers to hit)

Any chance of a hard-copy version, somewhere down the line?  I have to admit I'm still partial to the old tree-pulp.