Author Topic: Concepts for some 54mms. Now with nuts! No, Armitures!  (Read 6007 times)

Offline Palocles

Re: Concepts for some 54mms. Now with nuts! No, Armitures!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 12:43:23 AM GMT GMT »
Well, the superglue will most likely break when i start putting green on, it usually does, but it gives me an idea of height and stuff.  I usually try to prop the spine wire up while the green goes off.  It will get moved aroundbut you can sort it out afterwards and once you have a layer over the whole armiture things are easier.  The spine can still get moved around and bent forwards or backwards but, atleast it's attached to the pelvis.

I tried soldering and was terrible at it but it might have been because i'm using cheap arse wire.

Offline Bergil

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 01:57:49 PM GMT GMT »
I think going here: http://spyglassasylum.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-01-10T21%3A17%3A00Z&max-results=7

and having a quick look at how SteveB does it would be a good idea. I've started using that technique and I rather like it! And of course you don't have to worry about all that superglue nonsense.

Offline SteveB

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 03:30:03 PM GMT GMT »
I think going here: http://spyglassasylum.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-01-10T21%3A17%3A00Z&max-results=7

and having a quick look at how SteveB does it would be a good idea. I've started using that technique and I rather like it! And of course you don't have to worry about all that superglue nonsense.

[Barney Stinson] It's going to be a thing! [/Barney Stinson]

Offline Bergil

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 03:53:34 PM GMT GMT »

[Barney Stinson] It's going to be a thing! [/Barney Stinson]

Good for you!

Offline Palocles

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 04:36:50 AM GMT GMT »
When i saw there was another reply to this thread i thought it might have been someone hassling me for some development and i started to gather my excuses.  But it was something entirely different.  I have started bulking them out so i suppose i should add another pic.

That's an interesting technique for the armitures.  I don't think that superglueing the spine on is actually that much trouble and neither is the glue breaking but i might try it sometime.  Not sure about measuring the length of the spine with putty either.

Offline SteveB

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 08:31:22 AM GMT GMT »
I don't exactly measure the spine with putty. As I only add wire for the neck later I can make an estimate of the spine length and intentionally leave it a bit shorter. Then I make the torso around that core and actually have more control over the length of the torso than I would with a wire armature.

Offline Palocles

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 09:19:40 AM GMT GMT »
That's a good point.  I suppose you can judge the ratios by eyeballing too?

I saw that english gorilla that likes to walk on it's back legs on the news the other day and i was wondering if that's how i should have proportioned my dwarves.  What do you think?