Author Topic: Looking for experienced Sculptors  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Chiron

Looking for experienced Sculptors
« on: July 15, 2016, 03:53:29 AM BST GMT »
Hello all,

First time post for me here so a quick little bio. My name is Steve and for the last 15 or so years I have been working in the Film and Television industry in Australia. Over the last few years though I have been exploring my personal passion which is the world of tabletop miniature gaming. Right now I am surfing the internet for some experienced Sculptors. We are currently developing a Tabletop game and are at the stage where I feel comfortable in getting some miniatures designed.

This is a 28mm scale game however most of the creatures are quite large and tall.

We are seeking Miniature designers/sculptors that can create high quality models with a cinematic and dramatic feel. They will have a great understanding of anatomy and a love of fine detail. We are still in the process of deciding whether or not the models will be one piece sculpts or multi-part kits allowing for multiple final poses. This would be something we would like to discuss with all candidates.

The Game setting is scifi/fantasy with humans being very low on the ladder when it comes to power and influence.

I am based in Australia but in this digital age I do not care where you are located.

There is an abundance of artwork and literature that will be provided to the successful candidates to help with the design process.

Our aim is to get a few models commissioned first and then head into a kickstarter campaign to see if the project has any traction.

If this is a project you think might be of interest please contact me with links to your work. We are looking for any or all examples that demonstrate:
1) High detail
2) Correct anatomy structure
3) Monsters and aliens. These creatures won't just be mindless foes but allies, friends and beings of differing intellects.
4) Humans - I am still not 100% sure of the look and feel, how realistic etc. Something to discuss but regardless would love to see your versions.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Steve Howard

Offline grimforge

• grimforge miniatures
Re: Looking for experienced Sculptors
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 12:43:25 PM BST GMT »
I sent you an e-mail

Offline Chiron

Re: Looking for experienced Sculptors
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 02:21:08 AM BST GMT »
Thanks everyone for the many messages so far. I will endeavour to reply to you all as soon as possible.
Cheers