Author Topic: Mad Clown Miniatures: 2014 sculpts  (Read 8056 times)

Offline Zack Cart

• Clay-Addict
  • Green Stuff+Sculpey=Yay!
    • Zack Cart - Custom Sculpting and Painting
Re: Mad Clown Miniatures: 2014 sculpts
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 03:34:07 AM GMT GMT »
Wow, thanks for the awesome detail. I was hoping you had some sneaky tricks up your sleeve, but nope! Just skill and patience. (Much more impressive that way, I think)

Thanks again!

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 09:19:59 AM GMT GMT »
It gets easier with practice. The problem I often encounter is the collar slipping away from the miniature while working on it. Sometimes it can be easier if the layer beneath is still just a bit tacky but of course firm enough to not distort. I'll often end up with irregular frills too (especially towards the end) so it's worth roughing then out evenly before committing to all that hard work!

Offline Ninja_Butler

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 09:41:56 PM GMT GMT »
Damn, you are getting noticeably better. I remember your earliest pieces, I thought 'pretty good, but will people buy them?' but I think it's fair to say you've moved up a league over the last 2 years. It's kind of depressing, I'm still playing catch-up!

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 07:15:14 PM GMT GMT »
Thanks Ninja! Very kind of you to say. I do feel like I have improved but still have a long way before I get to where I want to be! Here's a fresh update...

Mad Clown Mondays: Update 8

The much anticipated Rider character. Although designed as a mount for the Puppet Monster, he also fits the Creepy Mouth Monster.

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 09:47:19 PM GMT GMT »
In preparation for my table at Salute 2014 I am building my first diorama! Check out the WIP thread:

http://minisculpture.co.uk/index.php?topic=1569.0

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:56 PM GMT GMT »
Mad Clown Mondays: Update 9

"I'm number 1!"

Two years ago I finished work on the very first Mad Clown miniature. Originally named "Evil Clown", recent sculpts of mine have kinda made this name a little redundant: in comparison he doesn't seem so scary!

Although this sculpt holds a special place in my heart, he has never been cast... until now! What you see here is the very first assembled resin cast. Originally sculpted in Procreate, you can find the original WIP thread here: http://minisculpture.co.uk/index.php?topic=891.0

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 06:48:58 PM GMT GMT »
Mad Clown Mondays: Update 10

So, who's for some resin then?!

Here is the sprue for my "Evil" clown and 3 mischievous puppet miniatures. These will be among the all new releases which will be available on April Fools Day!

Facebook users also have a chance to win an "Evil" clown cast! If you visit my FB page (click on the banner below) you can enter by following the instructions on the poster. Good luck!

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 08:06:34 PM GMT GMT »
Mad Clown Mondays: Update 11

Here is the resin sprue for The Faceless. These will be among the all new releases which will be available from April Fools Day, just in time for Salute 2014!

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 08:33:14 PM GMT GMT »
I bagged up the first ten "Evil" Clown casts tonight, I hope you like them! Round lipped bases are supplied and I have also included individually numbered inserts.

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 07:29:20 PM GMT GMT »
Mad Clown Mondays: Update 12

This week I proudly unveil the resin sprue for the Rider character! He comes complete with two free toys and an individually numbered insert. These will be among the all new releases which will be available on April Fools Day!

You can find the assembled Rider character earlier in this thread. The sprue is the last of the new releases for now, although I will soon unveil one last sculpt before Salute in April!

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 05:27:29 PM GMT GMT »
It may not be a Monday, but here is another exciting update! Introducing the packaging for my forthcoming new releases, all of which include individually numbered inserts. I have also created inserts for my existing releases.

The Crawler, Creepy Mouth & Puppet Monsters are already available and the new miniatures will be available from Tuesday 1st April.

If you would like any of these resin casts you can contact me via Facebook, private message, or email: "madclownminiatures at hotmail dot co dot uk". I will also be attending this years Salute convention in London (stand TN03 with the British Indie team)!

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 08:25:40 PM BST GMT »
Mad Clown Mondays: Update 13

As Salute grows ever closer, the updates are running out... In the absence of a finished sculpt to share with you, allow me to tease you with the concept sketch for my diorama character!

This little guy will be sculpted and painted, however never cast. Should you like him you may be seeing more one day...

You can expect to see the finished sculpt before the show!

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 11:06:50 AM BST GMT »
Mad Clown Mondays: Update 14

This character was sculpted for my Faceless diorama (and also as a prototype for a mysterious future project).

If you are at Salute this weekend you can see it in all its painted glory at stand TN03!

I will also have resin casts available on the day (new releases and existing range).

Offline TheDuke

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 02:49:43 PM BST GMT »
Hopefully see them in the flesh at Salute tomorrow.
Life is your only canvas � get some paint on it.