Author Topic: A Giant's Gate  (Read 2332 times)

Offline GriffinTamer

A Giant's Gate
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:46:36 PM GMT GMT »
In addition to miniatures one thing I've been working on lately is terrain. I went in on the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter back in the spring and, having recently received a big pile of dungeon tiles, I wanted some appropriate entrances to enhance my new set ups. So I've started working on a series of large gates to provide entries into different sorts of dungeons. Here's the first, a "Giant's Gate." (It's 25mm scale, sized to work with 1" grid tiles and layouts, but designed for the use of large / huge figures; the door is over 3" tall.)

Originally sculpted primarily in polymer clay (Super Sculpey Firm) and then cast in polymer resin.

Offline Zack Cart

• Clay-Addict
  • Green Stuff+Sculpey=Yay!
    • Zack Cart - Custom Sculpting and Painting
Re: A Giant's Gate
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 02:19:58 AM GMT GMT »
Gorgeous. For your own gaming pleasure, or for production?

Offline GriffinTamer

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:44:48 PM GMT GMT »
Hi Zack,

Thanks, and sorry for the slow reply.

I'm planning to produce a whole line of 25/28mm gates in resin for sale to the gaming public. The one in the picture is in fact one of my early resin casts all painted up. I'm going to be running a Kickstarter in the near future to get the whole thing rolling, once I have enough sculpts + master molds done. I've finished up a couple others at this point; here's a look at the "Monster Gate," which is a stone outcrop in the rough shape of a monstrous face that has been modified by orcs or other evil creatures to form a fortress entrance-- they've added a drawbridge jaw/gate and a platform behind the "eyes" for guards and archers:

There are more photos on the Griffin Tamer Studio FB page: https://www.facebook.com/GriffinTamerStudio?ref=hl

Offline Zack Cart

• Clay-Addict
  • Green Stuff+Sculpey=Yay!
    • Zack Cart - Custom Sculpting and Painting
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:27:12 PM GMT GMT »
Oh, nice! I wish you the best of luck in your Gate-selling endeavors. That monster-mouth is very atmospheric. I'll have to go check out the FB.

-Zack

Offline bluepublic

• bluepublic
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 11:39:58 AM BST GMT »

It was a friend reminding us read it. We choose doing the right thing. What's next great