Author Topic: Steam and Aether blog launched (Meridian Miniatures)  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Andrew May

Re: Steam and Aether blog launched (Meridian Miniatures)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 12:09:02 PM BST GMT »

Over the last few months I've been musing over and planning out the background story and game world for my "Steam and Aether" project. To compliment the miniatures that I have sculpted I wanted to create a new setting, separate from
traditional Victorian Scifi and still different from the newer and established steampunk settings. So with the the concepts and story all set out  I decided to approach a professional writer to coalesce my imaginings into a solid backstory. Mark Latham has done a marvellous job for translating my ideas, approaching the subject matter with great enthusiasm. I'll be publishing the backstory over the next week on my blog starting from Tuesday 15th.  I hope everyone that decides to follow it enjoys what we have created. The next stage is the continued development and play testing of the Steam and Aether ruleset, if you want to stay abreast of what I've got coming then please follow the blog and I'll keep you all updated.
Many thanks
Andrew May

http://steamandaether.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 10:35:29 AM BST GMT »
Part two up now, due to blog format you'll have to scroll down to get part 1.

Though France controlled all commerce in Aetheric goods across Europe, the benefits for all could not be denied, and many common people in Unified Prussia and even Britain reaped the rewards of the new age of invention......

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 11:01:22 AM BST GMT »
Part 3
http://steamandaether.blogspot.co.uk/
What the Consulate scientists were working on in the lowest, most secure levels of the extraterrestrial complex will perhaps never be fully understood. However, the pinnacle of their work was surely the invention of portal technology—the ability to transport a living person from one place to another almost instantaneously, by passing through a portal of pure Terrestrial Aether.......

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 10:19:13 AM BST GMT »
Part 4
The cosmic strife persisted for almost two decades, remaining mercifully confined to France and the surrounding environs until one day in 1867, quite suddenly, the storms calmed. The sun rose into a blue sky for what seemed to be the first time in eons, and the world held its breath. No-one knew what had befallen France and its people. No-one knew what the other nations had been up to during the time of isolation. But the race was on to find out.

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 09:06:47 AM BST GMT »
The final part up today (although a small additional part will be added tomorrow).
With so many horrors, and with France still very much in a state of Aetheric flux, it seems foolhardy for any nation to contemplate expeditions into the wasteland. And yet the Prussian central ministry and the Royal Geographical Society of Britain have put together several expeditionary forces to foray ever deeper into old French territory. And they are not alone—several of Britain’s more partisan regiments have disobeyed orders and entered France in search of riches. Mercenary warbands from rival nations delve into the wasteland unaided. And all this, for the merest opportunity of fame, fortune and the advancement of science beyond measure.

http://steamandaether.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/part-5.html

Offline Andrew May