Author Topic: To buy or not to buy...  (Read 1346 times)

Offline moonmin82

• CMON Profile
To buy or not to buy...
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:37:55 AM BST GMT »
I used to love computer games but kind of stopped when I started to develop aches and pains in my hands. Survival horror games were my thing and I still have a collection of games to keep me entertained on the PS2 and Wii. I have been considering getting a PS3 (I have a gift voucher that'd more or less cover it) but have got used to not playing. A part of me thinks I'd get some good inspiration for minis from some of the games I've seen but the other part of me thinks it'd prove more of a distraction to my sculpting activities.

Anything to add?!

Offline Thrasym

Re: To buy or not to buy...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 07:00:00 AM BST GMT »
I'm afflicted by more interests than time to participate in them, myself. I'd warn against going down that road. It's ... Frustrating ... To say the least. I'm kind of a gaming snob, so take my advice with that in mind. You can play better games on the PC yopu already own. If your current PC can't play current games, it can probably play many of the older games (that you can get for super cheap). I know many people say their PCs can't play games, but, come on, put the money for the console into your rig and it'll perform awesome. You don't need anything special to play PC games, contrary to popular belief.

I also don't think it's a good idea to buy a PS3 with the PS4 comming out in a few months.

Having said all that, if you'll have fun with it, go for it! I mean, that's the only point of a gaming PC or console, to have fun. Maybe just take a moment to consider if you'll actually play it as much as you think and whether your hands can hold up to the abuse. Few things are worth risking permanent damage to your hands.