Author Topic: Card-Board  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
Card-Board
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:05:58 PM GMT GMT »
MrMerkava on TMP just finished building a game board, saving money and the planet. ;)

TMP discussion

It looks surprisingly nifty.  Economical too, which definitely doesn't annoy me. :)  (Flippin' static grass costs enough as it is)

Like I said on TMP, I have to come up with a couple of hills in a month or two, and I might just go begging at the local shops for their rubbish!  Although, while I understand if MrMerkava wants steps for microarmour, I might just skim some filler over them, see how it works.

Offline Thrasym

Re: Card-Board
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 05:13:51 PM GMT GMT »
That's pretty cool. I'd be worried about warping and curling though. Both in the short term from paint/glue/flocking etc and in the long term from moisture and such. I'm interested to see how it holds up after a few months.

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 09:37:25 AM GMT GMT »
Major Buzzkill reporting for duty....
I think it's hideously ugly, also it's both completely inflexible for gaming unless you enjoy endlessly fighting in the same valley and with all those trees, where to you put the minis?

Offline ink the troll

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 11:47:56 AM GMT GMT »
Major Buzzkill reporting for duty....
I think it's hideously ugly, also it's both completely inflexible for gaming unless you enjoy endlessly fighting in the same valley and with all those trees, where to you put the minis?
I guess it's more for little tanks/ mechs than for 'proper' minis.
The cardboard is ok for bulking out terrain, but I'd still use a thin layer of foam or cork as last layer + some filler for texture. Or at the very least use filler to hide the corrugations of the cardboard  (that looks just ugly and rushed as is) then it should work for rice paddies.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Beefcake

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 06:44:35 PM GMT GMT »
Doesn't look great but I imagine it would be quite quick to make.