Author Topic: The Terrible Summer  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Keeper

The Terrible Summer
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:08:37 PM BST GMT »
With the recent heat wave in the UK (well, you know what I mean :) ) I'm finding my putties (GS, BS, PC) are curing before I've finished sculpting.

Am I being an idiot and doing something wrong? Or should I just not every try and sculpt when the ambient temperature is 28C and above?

Offline Justin

• Jeebus!
    • Minijustice Blog
Re: The Terrible Summer
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 04:28:57 PM BST GMT »
Hot weather is hell for sculpting in if you ask me! storing your putty in the fridge helps, as does popping a sculpt in the freezer for a few minutes once you've applied the putty but before you start to work in the detail.

Offline Keeper

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 04:46:22 PM BST GMT »
Thanks for the tips, Justin. I'll try that tonight :)

Offline tabasco2152

• Company D Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:47 AM BST GMT »
....................and in the winter you can't get the putty pliable enough!

I tend to mix smaller quantities at a time in the summer and theres other distractions and stuff in the garden to do which won't do itself.

Offline captainspud

• CaptainSpud.com
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 12:49:37 PM BST GMT »
This is why I try to do most of my sculpting indoors. :P
"How did you know you weren't really going crazy?"
"The voices in my head kept calling me Bruce."
"Yeah, and?"
"In my head, that's not what I call myself."

Offline Bergil

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 10:49:38 AM BST GMT »
I just store everything in the freezer now! And all the putties I use are malleable straight from the freezer too.

Offline Theresa

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 12:35:41 PM BST GMT »
Summer!!!!!!

I just hate summer, Its always irritating me, I am an Girl and I hate Summer. But In winters I enjoy a lot with my friends and Parents. Right now I am just waiting of September Ends, and Welcome my Favorite Season of the year.!!!!!! 
There are so many online writing services on the web, but I think, for college admissions essay writing service is the one of the best company which provides you the best results with in lowest cost. You can hire them for any kind of writing work.

Offline Andy021

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 01:06:03 PM BST GMT »
With the recent heat wave in the UK (well, you know what I mean :) ) I'm finding my putties (GS, BS, PC) are curing before I've finished sculpting.

Am I being an idiot and doing something wrong? Or should I just not every try and sculpt when the ambient temperature is 28C and above?

Hey,

I don't go UK ever, So honestly I don't know about the Weather of UK. But yes Summers are really painful, I just hate them. If Weather is in my control I will never ever allow them to come. But as we Know Nature need stability So It will never stops. Although We should Accept it.
Writing is one of the most important part of our life, But its not important that everyone is a Professional Writer. So For them surfessay writing service always there for help. You can hire a Professional, 6+ Experienced writer for any kind of Writing work.