Author Topic: Necromancer and demon  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Grofson

Necromancer and demon
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:22 PM GMT GMT »
Hello I am planning on making a duo with a necromancer and a demon. The problem is that I cant get a grasp on how to make my demon look, I have been looking around on google images still cant decide. How do you sugest getting inspiration on sculpting somekind of deamonish creatures.
Really thankfull for answears :)

Offline Badsmile

• Insomnia blackbelt
  • Digital and traditional sculpting.
    • putty down!
Re: Necromancer and demon
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 01:43:31 PM GMT GMT »
Demon is a bit of a wide term. I would narrow it down and start from there. Demon of pain or fire or ..... endless possibilites. Choose a topic to narrow it down and then start a list in your head with what you associate with them.

Just as example:

Demon of pain: needles, hooks, chains, blades, skin, blood, clenched teeth and somehow scissors
demon of decay: rot, saggy skin, bones poking through, little bushes of hair, innerts, goo,...

Like that you can narrow it down a bit and go from there or you can always go for some "classical" demon, horns hoofs and so on.
skype me ! contactname: badmandalore

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 01:56:49 PM GMT GMT »
Something "corpselike" to go with a necromancer I'd say. Take a look at Paul Muller's bone devil for Otherworld miniatures?

Offline Grofson

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 02:33:23 PM GMT GMT »
thats a good idea on both of you, As Andrew May say something corpselike to go with the necromancer would probably be it and paul mullers bone devil is a good inspiration but i am probably gonna do something "stronger" and that is the part were i get stuck. When i do it corpselike it always looks so weak. Thanks for the answears Andrew and Badsmile they helped alot

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 04:09:55 PM GMT GMT »
Flesh golem?

Offline Grofson

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 06:38:42 PM GMT GMT »
that is awesome!. never thought of it now i will totally do it, its perfect :D

Offline dracon magis

• one off minis
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 04:58:10 PM GMT GMT »

quick google serch

Offline Grofson

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 08:15:51 PM GMT GMT »
Thanks for the pics really help my thinking. I have not been sculpting anything during the holidays but look forward to start on this project
And it does not have to fit in any range. And i checked out thoselinks and that is some awesome materiall will probably be get alot of inspiration from there.:)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:19:45 PM GMT GMT by Grofson »