Author Topic: Stripping  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Grofson

Stripping
« on: December 03, 2012, 05:14:02 PM GMT GMT »
Hello I now this is a sculpting forum but maybe someone here knows how to strip paint of miniatures this one is metal if that matters. I just got my hands on some Rackham models and somehow a can(or jar maybe dont know what word to use, a container) of paint fell all over one off the models and dryed because i wasnt there but do you know how to strip the paint easy i searched the internet bnut only found stuff that i cant get my hands on.

Edit:Just saw you have a painting part of this forum
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:59:50 PM GMT GMT by Grofson »

Offline Andrew May

Re: Stripping
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:11:50 PM GMT GMT »
Paint stripper......?
Seriously I use a paint stripper called Nitro Mors (be careful!!) or you could use dettol, brake fluid, etc.
There's a thread on Frothers Unite's painting section on stripping minis.

Offline Grofson

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 06:56:23 AM GMT GMT »
okej thanks will check that out

Offline Beefcake

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 06:55:37 PM GMT GMT »
I just use dettol. It works a treat and you don't need to go anywhere special to get it if they stock it in your supermarket.

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 08:29:37 PM GMT GMT »
Just saw you have a painting part of this forum

Hope you don't mind if I moved it, then. :)

i searched the internet bnut only found stuff that i cant get my hands on.

Well, what stuff did you find?

I've tried brake fluid and dettol (browny pine disinfectant that you might find under other brand names) but wasn't too satisfied with either of them.  The paint strippers I hear about most are fairy power spray and simple green.  I haven't tried either, yet, but I know a guy who swears by the latter - and that's difficult enough to get your hands on over here, too.

Offline Grofson

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 06:59:06 PM GMT GMT »
Nice that you moved it here :) i used Yes Powerspray. don't know how international that is so if you don't know of it, it is some kind of spray for fat that is burnt to the stove ( atleast i believe so ). I can happily say it worked awesome just spray and the brush with a toothbrush and it's all gone i didn't even have to wait