Author Topic: My new "RPG" blog.  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Andrew May

My new "RPG" blog.
« on: October 25, 2012, 12:16:03 AM BST GMT »
Choose your own adventure.....
Hello everyone!
Some readers that find their way here will already know me as a sculptor of wargaming and roleplaying miniatures. The funny thing is that I haven't played a wargame for years and have never played an RPG, I do however spend a lot of time dreaming up fantasy worlds, characters, scenarios, games and so on. As a lad I spent hours on end with my nose in "Fighting Fantasy" novels and spent more time reading the backround to wargames than playing them, these things have stayed with me forever and now that I find myself making my living in "the industry" they are right back on the surface again. I mentioned that I've never played an RPG but since I've been sculpting for Otherworld Miniatures I've been retrospectively delving into the classic games, the ones that were first published before I was born and finding a wealth of inspiration.

I've recently taken to writing down little snippets of ideas that would serve as seeds for RPG narratives. I thought it would be pointless to just archive them to (probably) never be used so I thought that I would share them with the world wide web. So please have a look, I'll try to update every day.

By all means let me know what you think, I'm looking for neither criticism or praise, I'm just sharing what I hope will give you some fun ideas. each post will generally be themed as either a location, encounter, item or event and left fairly ambiguous for you.

Feel free to use any ideas for fun but please credit/contact me if you want to quote or republish anything.
Thanks for looking.
Andrew.

Been doing this for a couple of weeks, thought I out to start sharing it. Hope it proves useful for someone out there.
See it at http://www.rpgseeds.blogspot.co.uk
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:55:38 AM BST GMT by Andrew May »

Offline Badsmile

• Please call me Mati.
    • MASSIVE VOODOO
Re: My new "RPG" blog.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:48:05 AM BST GMT »
Oh  that's a nice idea, will subscribe! Although I, like you haven't played anything for years I still like to dream of stuff ...so it's perfect.
skype me ! contactname: badmandalore

Offline Andrew May

Re: My new "RPG" blog.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 10:28:34 AM GMT GMT »
100 posts now. :)