Author Topic: films on tv  (Read 1607 times)

Offline tabasco2152

• Company D Miniatures
films on tv
« on: August 07, 2012, 08:52:13 AM BST GMT »
I always get the impression that  films on tv are administered by a bloke in swivel chair that can only be bothered to reach round and grab the same ones over and over again that just happen to reside on the nearest shelf.

Case in point, and most noteable is 'clear and present danger' with Harrison Ford - seems to be on with alarming regularity , as does Alien 3 and alien vs predator.

There must be loads of good films waiting in the wings - I just can't understand why they keep putting the same ones on.

Offline mondria

• Midnight greys
Re: films on tv
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:34:11 AM BST GMT »
films and series comes in packs, so if a channel wants movie A they also get movie B,C,D,E(older and/or B movies) and where they only get too show movie A once every 2 years the rest is free to show wen ever they want.
this is only part of it its also what type of channel and if the ratings is above X it will be shown again and again till it drops below X
early May (end of WW2) its always old war movies here, the same ones every thing year in year out

Offline Badsmile

• Insomnia blackbelt
  • Digital and traditional sculpting.
    • putty down!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:37:17 AM BST GMT »
I don't watch television.
skype me ! contactname: badmandalore

Offline Icy

• warfairy.net
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:26:37 PM BST GMT »
I always get the impression that  films on tv are administered by a bloke in swivel chair that can only be bothered to reach round and grab the same ones over and over again that just happen to reside on the nearest shelf.

A funny image :)

There must be loads of good films waiting in the wings - I just can't understand why they keep putting the same ones on.

Maybe not a satisfying answer but I'd bet my nuts it's about money. C'est la vie.

Cheers