Author Topic: Grand Warseer Sculpting Challenge  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
Grand Warseer Sculpting Challenge
« on: June 27, 2012, 03:39:42 PM BST GMT »
Just started.  This seems similar to MS sculptalongs, though I guess the challenges will be mostly Warhammer-related.  Mostly.  The first challenge runs from now 'til the end of July, and each one after that will be monthly.  Something to do if the sculptalong ideas here bore you silly!

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?344646-Grand-Warseer-Sculpting-Challenge

Offline Andrew May

Re: Grand Warseer Sculpting Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 03:27:45 PM BST GMT »
I'm not sure how pleased GW will be with "Hey, let's sculpt WH minis!" but oh we'll, I'd be tempted but I'm so busy that my MS sculptalong hasn't gotten past armature stage. ;(
Plus I've never really looked at WS before.

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 06:36:00 PM BST GMT »
I think it's meant to be a community practise thing - a Tale of X Sculptors, so to speak - rather than churning out stuff for scale.  And I've no idea if they'll all be Warhammer-based.  Same as the sculptalongs here.  But wait for the next sculptalong tomorrow.

I've started something on the Warseer topic anyway.  Ironically I've made more progress in a couple of days than I usually do in a week or so.

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 12:28:06 AM BST GMT »
No, I understand really....just having trouble getting out of Frothers mode.
But really as I said I'd like to join in but my beast for here is an armature still and I'm a week behind with commisions....there's a backlog threatening me as it is!

Offline Vermis

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 12:54:14 AM BST GMT »
No, I understand really....just having trouble getting out of Frothers mode.

Ah, I get you now. :D

But really as I said I'd like to join in but my beast for here is an armature still and I'm a week behind with commisions....there's a backlog threatening me as it is!

Got further than my beastman, anyway...  And paid jobs trump the party games!

Still a bit of debate on GW vs. non-GW, but I think there'll be some non-GW down the line.  FYI.

Offline Andrew May

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 01:16:23 AM BST GMT »
If I do get chance to join in it'd be nice to try GW style, just maybe twist the abject matter a little. ;)